Locations that offer this class:
Kindermusik for Toddlers
18 months to 3 years
45 minute, weekly classes
Tuition and Materials: $73 per month
What you’ll experience in a Toddlers class:
- Did you hear that? Focused listening activities let your toddler hear a sound, then make it back. It will be quiet the first few classes, but once she gets the idea, this copy-cat game helps her imitate the sounds of words and learn language.
- Instrument play. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for melodic ensemble playing. Your toddler will also develop rhythm, strengthen fine motor skills, and improve hand-eye coordination.
- Together time. You’ll share silly songs and bounces, and sometimes we’ll turn off the lights and rock and listen to lullabies. Emotionally-driven songs and activities help your toddler explain, name, and soothe the turbulence he feels in the up-and-down day.
- Stories and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. Music has all the elements of language, and so are natural partners!
- Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Sharing, putting instruments away, extending short attention spans. It won’t happen the first day, but gradually you’ll notice the difference as your toddler becomes more aware of others and the world around her. She’ll sit a little longer for story time and she’ll use her own words to offer ideas for class activities.
- Expert advice. Your Kindermusik Educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way, and how each musical activity enhances your child’s complete development.
- Kindermusik @Home. The @Home experience is a fun, active, and engaging multi-sensory workout for your young learner. The purpose of @Home activities is to provide suggestions for parent and child fun that can be done with the prompt of a screen and taken offline. Your @Home can be accessed from your smart phone, iPad, tablet, or computer. You’ll always have access to the prior months of @Home.
- Every 4 weeks, you’ll automatically receive access to a new @Home:
- A downloadable and streaming music album with 15 to 20 songs, featuring the same delightful music from class, giving your child the daily exposure to new and interesting patterns her mind needs to understand the patterns of language. Featuring the same delightful music from class, each song is arranged to a toddler’s musical taste – strong on rhythm and high in emotional contrasts.
- The literature book we read in class in e-book format, with pages you can turn yourself, and a page-by-page audio read-aloud that you can turn on or off. The ebook can be downloaded and printed if you prefer.
- A variety of educational activities that are designed for you and your child to use cooperatively, engaging with one another as you read watch, discuss and discover. This fun assortment includes videos and video field trips, crafts, fingerplays, recipes, games, pretend play activities, get up and move ideas and more.
- The why it’s good for your child area will inform you about why each activity is useful, important, or developmentally significant, in up-to-date, research-supported, clear and understandable tidbits.
- The Download Center also includes printable activity pages, and lyrics for all the songs in the unit.