Locations that offer this class:
Newborn to 18 months
45 minute, weekly classes
Tuition and Materials: $72 per month
What you’ll experience in Village class:
- A warm welcome. In a clean, baby-safe environment, you’ll meet other caregivers and little ones just like you who value music, learning and bonding. Life-long friendships are frequently begun here.
- A variety of music. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument play. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhance a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance. A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together time. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural curiosity.
- Lap babies, crawlers and walkers: You’ll see babies at nearly every stage of development (including your own) learning to sit up, crawl, stand, walk, and run as they take part in the fun and unique curricula-based activities planned for each class.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik Educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way, and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development.
- Zoom Buggy and Dream Pillow:
- Did you know that all those airplane sounds you make with a spoon during feeding time actually help your baby learn language? We’ll show you how to combine movement and sounds during the active part of your child’s day to help him develop physical, social, cognitive, and emotional skills as well. We’ll also spend time in the quieter daily rituals, so your baby can learn to associate music with the feeling of being safe and secure in the world. Come sing, move, cuddle and rock in a way that brings you closer to your baby.
- With the At Home Materials, the learning continues with your child’s best teacher – you!
- 2 CD’s featuring the same delightful music from class, giving your baby the daily exposure to new and interesting patterns her mind needs to understand the patterns of language.
- 2 literature books written in the class theme, with bold shapes and nursery-rhyme words to develop early literacy skills and visual tracking
- 2 art banners to hang in baby’s room to help develop long-distance vision and promote literacy.
- 2 instruments for making music with your baby, and assist him in distinguishing specific sounds and developing self-expression.
- A cute diaper bag to carry it all in!