Click on a question to see the answer.
- Why is Kindermusik the best choice for my child?
- Kindermusik introduces your child to the joy and adventure of music and then moves at his pace, pausing to engage his interests, nurture his gifts, and celebrate his discoveries. From birth through age seven, with the caring guidance of a trained and licensed Kindermusik educator, your child can grow and learn without pressure to perform, only encouragement to explore and discover.
You’ll witness a developmental evolution in language skills, literacy, listening, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem and a love of music! Kindermusik uses the power of music to develop the individual your child was born to be.Research tells us that music is the only activity that stimulates every area of the brain simultaneously –which is why Kindermusik carefully creates each class using music as the key to unlocking the brain, and then gives you At Home Materials – high quality, musically diverse CD’s, beautiful literature books, specially designed instruments and creative activities – that will complement and extend your child’s learning at home.
- Why is Kindermusik the best choice for me, as a parent?
- Kindermusik acknowledges that you are your child’s first and most important teacher, and your Kindermusik classes will empower you with the knowledge and tools to bring the love of learning to your child.Life is busy, and family time together is a precious commodity. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering you a place to create special memories with your child and gain new insights into your child’s development.
You will discover a unique sense of community and belonging in the Kindermusik classroom. Not only will your child blossom in this environment, but you will come to appreciate the support and friendship from the other adults in class.No other single activity you can give your child offers the integrated, creative, child-centered experience that Kindermusik does. It’s music that makes the difference.
- What class is best for my child?
- Each class, from newborns to those who are ready for more advanced musical training, is designed to be appropriate for your child’s current developmental level. In addition, our teachers take the time to tailor activities to best fit the makeup of each individual class. We’ve provided a description of each of our current classes under the logos at the bottom of this page, as well as some helpful guidelines here for a child who is in that “in-between class” age.
- May I join class at any time?
- Yes, we’d be delighted to have you! The Kindermusik curriculum is structured so that you may join at any point during the session. If you enroll after the session has begun, your tuition will be prorated. Just call or email us for more information.
- Can I try a class out before enrolling?
- Of course! Taking a Free Preview class is great way to get to know us and to learn what Kindermusik is all about. You may schedule a visit to any open class right online.
- How much does it cost?
- All prices are listed on each studio location page. Just click on the Schedule and Registration link on the particular studio you wish to attend, and the tuition will be listed right under the class name logo. All studios with school year programs have the same tuition.
- Can babies truly benefit from Kindermusik?
- We’ve learned that infants are born with billions of nerve cells and a nearly unlimited potential for connections between those nerve cells. Every time an infant has a sensory experience, neural pathways are formed. The greater the number of neural pathways, the greater the brain power. Rich sensory environments are vital to the brain development of infants.
In a Village class, we dance in a social setting to allow infants to understand and anticipate patterns, which preps their brains for math and musical theory. We play with steady beat, which underlies our ability to pick up the pattern of language. This is vital, because unless children can pick up the language patterns, they cannot learn to read and write.The bonding and comforting activities we show you in class help you and baby to work through all the natural stresses that occur with growing and developing. Music increases coordination and balance, promotes literacy and language, cultivates listening skills, and encourages delightful and rewarding interaction with your baby!
- My child looks forward to class all week, and sings all the songs and does all the activities at home, but when we are in class, he just sits there. Is that okay?
- Not to worry! He is learning even though YOU don’t see him participating. Pushing children to perform has no place in an Early Childhood program of any kind. We believe that you – the parent – is the child’s most important teacher, and home is the most important place for that learning to grow.
When you stop and think about it, you already know that success should be measured more by what a child does all the rest of the week than what he does in the 45 minutes at Kindermusik class. And remember, Kindermusik is about process, not performance. Every child can be successful in a Kindermusik class, not matter what developmental level he is on. So have a blast dancing, singing, and playing instruments together at home the way we do in class! Before you know it, the same thing will happen at the studio.
- My child has special needs. Is Kindermusik for her?
- Absolutely! Autistic children, children with speech difficulty or delays, children with Down’s syndrome, hearing impaired children and those with other physical, emotional and learning disorders have generally thrived AND improved with Kindermusik. What the program can do for children with special needs is ten-fold greater than even what it does for those without disabilities.
NOTE: we can meet the needs of your child best if you let us know of any special needs or concerns when you register your child.
- I have a Kindergartner. Should I put him in Young Child, or start him with private instruction on a “real” instrument like piano?
- Young Child uses “real instruments”, like an accurately pitched glockenspiel, a dulcimer and recorder. Using the principles of Suzuki, Kodaly, Dalcroze and Orff, students explore many facets of the musical experience-speaking, singing, moving, dancing, listening, creating and playing instruments, as well as learning to read and write music. Young Child helps every child develop a confident, joyful voice for singing and speaking as well as essential building blocks for a future of learning.
Kindermusik Educators who are also private piano teachers tell us those children who begin lessons much before 7 or 8 are not any farther ahead of the child who begins at a later age. Kindermusik is foundational to ALL the activities your child will want to do – soccer, private music lessons, reading, math, making friends and more!
- Can I bring siblings to class?
- At Studio3Music, our policy differs from many other studios in this regard. We believe Kindermusik is a “family activity”. Therefore, if a sibling is enrolled in their own class, you may bring that sibling another child’s class, as long as you contact us first, and they are not disruptive to a younger sibling’s class. (June – August classes have limited space, so you must contact Analiisa first if you’d like to bring a sibling to participate in another child’s spring mini session or summer camp.) Due to a smaller space in Woodinville, our classes at The Nest are limited to enrolled children, and their lap baby siblings only. If a child has their own class to look forward to, they can more easily sit with mom and participate with bouncing, rocking or dancing with brother or sister. Class often becomes a special bonding time between mom or dad and siblings. Infants are welcome in a sibling’s class at no charge until they are mobile. (Which means they can go get their own rhythm sticks!) All siblings are always welcome to participate in “family time”, at the end of each Imagine That! or Young Child class. Please contact us if you have any other questions.
- What is your make-up policy?
- We offer unlimited makeups as long as you are currently enrolled in a class. You may read the details and schedule a makeup here, or from the “Schedule a Makeup” quicklink in the bottom right hand corner of our home page.
- What is your Smiles and Satisfaction Guarantee?
- Simply put, it means you can register for classes without risk! If you aren’t completely happy with your Kindermusik experience after attending 5 classes, we’ll refund or credit all of your tuition except for the cost of Home Materials, which are yours to keep and enjoy. If you would like to check out a class BEFORE enrolling, we would be happy to schedule a FREE preview visit with us at any time.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If you need to cancel enrollment, an email to email@example.com, prior to the last day of the month is required. If we receive your notice on or after the 1st of the following month, the tuition for the month will still be charged, but you are welcome to continue attending classes for the remainder of the month. You probably will also have to endure the emotional onslaught of your teacher, preparing to have to say goodbye, but that’s just because we love you so!
We will confirm your withdrawal via email. You will not be considered withdrawn without our reply to your request. Please contact us by phone at 425.385.3636 if for some reason you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days. Your email withdrawal date is the important one, not the date you receive a reply from us.
- How do I make a payment?
- To make an online payment, please visit our Secure Payment Page. YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE PROCESSED DIRECTLY FROM THIS SITE. Once you have submitted your card information, we will charge your card according to the payment plan chosen on your registration form, as well as deduct any sibling fee or materials discounts.
You may also send your checks, payable to Studio3Music, LLC, to 4509 241st Street SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043.
- What is your inclement weather policy?
- For class cancellations, please visit our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/studio3music. Information for each specific studio location will be updated there. Because of the nature of our year-long schedule, we only have room on the calendar to schedule one additional day per semester for makeups due to weather. If you cannot attend this makeup, you may makeup any missed days due to inclement weather at any open class at any location. This policy is in addition to the unlimited makeups allowed for classes you miss due to other reasons.